Get To Know Us
Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
Whistle While You Work!
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package, options for employee housing and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Public House while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
- Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!
How to Apply
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, apply on Indeed or fill out an application and email it to us at email@example.com along with your résumé and cover letter. Put the job title of the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
Available PositionsPositions listed in order of date posted.
Cherry Republic’s Sales and Compliance Accountant is responsible for the management of company sales, including entry and auditing, forecasting and planning, and reporting and analysis. Proper management of existing and future LLC’s. Sales tax compliance and reporting and oversight of retail cash management. The Sales and Compliance Accountant is also responsible for all corporate alcohol compliance; working closely with both State & Federal regulatory agencies to ensure all legal practices relating to alcohol are followed.
- Orchestrates entry and accuracy of all sales for the company.
- Leads forecasting, reporting, and analysis of all sales channels.
- Responsible for the entry and submission of monthly Sales Tax Reports and ensures sales tax compliance with all states.
- Responsible for the completion and submission of all State and Federal Wine and Beer taxes and reports.
- Oversees retail cash management including petty cash, all cash on hand, communication and training of proper cash handling processes, and auditing processes.
- Oversees execution of non cost of goods purchasing and travel program.
- Responsible for managing and reporting on existing and future LLC’s.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Minimum of 3 years experience working in finance or accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of all accounting principles.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proactive and a self-starter.
- Proficient in critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks effectively.
- Methodical and able to think of alternate routes to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable to various working environments.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Glen Arbor
Under the supervision of the IT Manager, Cherry Republic’s Tier 1 Help Desk Technician is the primary point of contact for employees seeking technical support. This is an entry-level, multifaceted position requiring independent thinking, excellent troubleshooting ability and is responsible for answering calls and email messages directed to the IT Department. While providing in-person support, training, and assistance, the Tier 1 Help Desk Technician is also responsible for communicating all information relating to the needs and workflow within the department. Tier 1 Help Desk Technician will also perform projects in support of company initiatives at the direction of IT Manager.
- Assist users experiencing technical problems with hardware, software, network, peripheral, and other computer-related issues.
- Communicate effectively with clients via phone, email, and chat, responding to all requests and concerns in a timely fashion. Explaining resolutions, answering questions, and providing advice as needed.
- Perform repair, configuration and maintenance of hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Ability to walk end-user through diagnostic procedures to identify, resolve, or determine the source of error.
- Communicate with software and hardware vendors to request service, updates, and resolution of open tickets.
- Log, track, and maintain detailed incident reports on all requests.
- Assist with the creation of FAQ's and knowledge base articles.
- Assist with network installations including cabling and components.
- Maintain good working relationships with assigned supervisors and coworkers.
- Perform additional duties as required by management.
- 2-year degree in computer-related field or 1-3 years experience in an IT-related position.
- CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL or comparable certifications are preferred but not required.
- Proficient with foundational IT concepts; TCP/IP networking, OSI Model, LAN/WAN, Wireless.
- Experience with common hardware products including; Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, Phones.
- Experience with business and IT software products including; Windows, Apple, Android, Google Email and GSuite, Microsoft Active Directory and Office, Point-of-Sale systems, RMM tools, Ticketing Systems.
- Self-direction and ability to work alone.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management, planning and organization skills.
- Experience with software and database development(MS SQL, C#) preferred but not required.
- Experience IT in manufacturing, distribution and retail environments are preferred but not required.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Glen Arbor