Get To Know Us
Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
Whistle While You Work!
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package, options for employee housing and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Public House while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
- Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!
How to Apply
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, apply on Indeed or fill out an application and email it to us at email@example.com along with your résumé and cover letter. Put the job title of the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
Available PositionsPositions listed in order of date posted.
Are you highly energetic, highly motivated and LOVE to meet new people? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, really FUN environment??
The Retail Sales Associate's main job function is to sell cherry products to customers in the store and to provide excellent service to Cherry Republic customers by informing them of product information and resolving any issues.
Essential Duties Include:
Assist the Retail Managers as directed in accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Work in a face-paced environment with a SMILE.
- Acting as a representative who genuinely cares about helping people.
- Complete sales transactions through Point of Sale system.
- Arrange and Stock Shelves.
- Maintain cleanliness of both inside and outside of store.
- Wash windows, doors and bathrooms.
- Provide EXCELLENT customer service to all Cherry Republic customers!
- Quickly learn product information and convey to customers.
- Have general knowledge of computers and use of the Internet.
- Have knowledge of geographical area in order to assist tourists.
- Have ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Ann Arbor