Get To Know Us
Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
Whistle While You Work!
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package, options for employee housing and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Public House while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
- Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!
How to Apply
To ensure the health and safety of our customers and workers, we have updated our policies, procedures, and training to reflect the latest guidance from federal, state, and local health authorities.
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, apply on Indeed or fill out the application below and submit it. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
As a Service Center Ambassador, you will be an integral part of a fun team of unique individuals that thrive on making cherries the best part of someone’s day. In addition, a Service Center Ambassador will engage with customers via phone and website chat offering top-notch customer service and work on order entry with precision, not speed, to ensure all data is accurate, including credit card, mailing, shipping information, and gift messages.
- Answer phones and engage via live chats to assist customers with ordering and customer service inquiries supporting our 6 retail locations and website orders.
- Effectively resolves all order issues and inquiries with customers over the phone or via chat.
- Perform daily operational and post-call/chat tasks efficiently.
- Data entry and working knowledge of Acumatica, Gmail, Google Docs, and SnapEngage chat.
- Always puts the customer first.
- Punctual and on time!
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask using both phone and computer.
- Ability to take orders or answer questions accurately and efficiently.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to understand the phone system and management.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma desired or demonstrative behavior reflective of desired skill level for the position.
Position Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Location: Traverse City
The Data Analyst is a new, exciting position and who is responsible for quality and accuracy of all corporate data; from the process, design, and presentation to facilitate learning, understanding while assisting the organization at all levels with the decision-making process that creates long-term value to the company.
- Reports on business metrics, including KPIs and benchmarking.
- Creates and presents 1-, 5- and 10-year company data strategy.
- Drives company to utilize objective data for decision making.
- Develops and implements data collection strategies and tools to optimize data analysis.
- Builds models to predict future trends and uses them to inform business strategy.
- Identifies and interprets data trends to provide insightful feedback to management.
- Accesses standard reporting packages focusing on financial, operational, and customer-focused data.
- Creates comprehensive data sets to find usable information.
- Generates reports from single or multiple systems.
- Communicates sophisticated data concepts to outside departments and presents data in simplified language to other employees.
- Provides training and resources to ensure a data-driven culture.
- Educates outside department managers on the importance of data collection, application, and benefits to their decision-making efforts.
- Promotes learning opportunities to all team-members for success.
- Trains and educates all end-users where necessary.
- Ensures that projects are profitable and performing well.
- Supports all initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Ensures confidentiality and security, preventing and avoiding data breaches.
- Appreciation for using objective data to create strategies for the company.
- Passion for a culture of data awareness that will allow managers to gain alternative perspectives during the decision-making process.
- Ability to communicate complex, random ideas that translate into meaningful and useful metrics.
- Proven leadership experience of a team of analytical thinkers.
- Technological knowledge of working in and creating data models, complex data tables, and reporting.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to effectively collect, compile, analyze, and disseminate data in a way that keeps the audience’s perspective always in mind.
- Strong presentation skills. Well-honed soft skills with the ability to break down complex concepts and communicate them effectively outside of the department.
- Capability to troubleshoot all data for a positive outcome.
- Capacity to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions and opportunities.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, condensing complex data into easy-to-interpret models and reposts.
- Ability to swiftly adjust to new data needs.
- Adaptable to unforeseen events which can impact the work environment.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics or any related field within the technical realm with 3-5 years of experience as a data analyst is required. Proven experience leading data-driven teams that have resulted in the promotion of individual team members and corporate growth is preferred.
Technical Skills: Utilize critical thinking as applied to various software / hardware systems. Understanding of Advanced Excel, SQL, NoSQL, Python, Data Cleaning and Data Visualization. Ability to analyze existing tools and databases to provide software solution recommendations. Experience with ERP systems is desired.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex data with excellent written and verbal skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate numbers and patterns when analyzing data. Advanced math concepts such as Linear Algebra and Calculus is a plus.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to communicate issues accurately and thoroughly to all individuals involved.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Glen Arbor
Cherry Republic of Glen Arbor is looking for Front of House Servers who are able to start immediately and work throughout the busy Fall season at our Public House in Glen Arbor Michigan.
We are interested in individuals who are able to work up to Labor Day weekend and beyond. Fast-paced environment, great work environment and excellent perks. This is a "tipped" position with opportunities for overtime hours if desired.
- Work with a team of front of house staff as it applies to daily operations.
- Assist in serving food / beverages during high volume periods.
- Follow all policies and assist with cleanliness and safety measures.
- Ability to successfully operate a POS system / Register.
- Restock items within the Cherry Public House.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Adhere all health, safety, and sanitation standards within the restaurant.
- Clean and bus tables as needed.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn POS/Toast systems.
- Flexibility in daily work.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Desire to deliver superior customer service to all of our guests.
- Ability to work with multiple groups of staff while creating a positive work culture.
COVID-19 Considerations: Cherry Republic follows all guidance as dictated by CDC and MIOSHA.
Position Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Pay Rate: From $6.00 per hour plus TIPS
Location: Glen Arbor
Cherry Republic’s Empire Office Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide administrative support to the management staff of the Empire DFC and Cherry Factory.
- Gather, sort and distribute USPS mail to staff.
- Compile reports as requested from DFC/CF managers.
- Assist in scheduling appointments with DFC/CF managers.
- Procure and distribute office supplies, toner and general printing supplies.
- Greet visitors and ensure visitor log is completed in accordance with Food Safety standards.
- Order processing liaison and back up when needed.
- Compile data from orders processed and keep comparison log YOY.
- Assist with events and training as needed.
- Assist with COVID-19 health screening protocol (if required.)
- Plan and assist with all Empire employee events, including training and luncheons.
- Enter all credit card expenses in the ERP system.
- Monitor of schedule and duty for in-house food safety audit.
- Assist with email/schedules/data as requested from DFC/CF management staff.
- Assist with expense reporting and budgets as requested.
- Update information visual boards with information for staff.
- Collect, monitor and report employee happiness survey results.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated to perform at peak level each day.
- Effective communication skills, written and oral.
- Organized with attention to prioritizing project-based work.
- Effective time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve issues.
- Rational while working under pressure in order to maintain production levels or to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and versatile; understanding that projects and workload can be completely different from day to day.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule, particularly in the fourth quarter.
Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree/College courses or accredited certificates and at least 5 years of experience working within an office environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Awarded a "Top Workplace in 2020" by the Detroit Free Press, Cherry Republic of Glen Arbor is seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Specialist.
Our Digital Marketing Specialist applicant is a person who will:
- Lead in the development & management of our website content, email journeys, marketing campaigns.
- Support our marketing vision and strategy.
- Reach out to new customers, maintaining and building customer loyalty and growth of online sales.
- Evaluate digital trends and provide campaign recommendations based on these trends.
- Collaborate with team members on maintaining / updating social media and audience response.
- Create / maintain digital reports.
- Evaluate and analyze web metrics such as traffic & trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Digital, or Web Development preferred.
- 3+ years of experience of digital marketing experience (content creation).
- Excellent writer, and verbal communicator.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a given time.
- Sales / Marketing mindset.
- Excellent software and technical troubleshooting skills.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Glen Arbor
We are accepting applications for Prep & Line Cooks for the Back of the House in Glen Arbor this summer. If you have a passion for delicious cuisine and have kitchen experience, please apply now! We have full time and part time positions available in our newly renovated Cherry Public House.
You must be able to do the following tasks — or willing to learn how!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare a variety of foods: meat, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Cover, date, and correctly store all pieces and food prep items.
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with safety regulations.
- Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas.
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Open/close kitchen correctly and follow checklist for kitchen stations.
- Answer, report, and follow Culinary Manager’s instructions.
Previous experience in the food industry preferred, with an emphasis on the BOH. Excellent opportunity for career growth with Cherry Republic!
Position Type: Full-Time or Part-Time (20-40 hours a week)
Location: Glen Arbor
Posted: 5/14/2021 (updated)
Cherry Republic’s Fulfillment Manager is responsible for all areas of small package fulfillment to consumers, including the picking, packing, shipping and lead-time management of orders. Responsible for the day to day duties of the team to ensure quoted lead times are met.
- Processes daily orders by creating pick tickets and inventory allocation tickets as needed.
- Ensures orders are being filled and shipped timely and accurately.
- Manages teams of Pickers, Packers and Shippers as direct reports daily.
- Organize departmental training programs to help fulfillment staff improve their job skills.
- Member of the Fulfillment Leadership Team with accountability to participate in weekly meetings.
- Prevents product damage and shrinkage, accidents, and occupational hazards.
- Effectively monitors flow of goods through the ERP system and warehouse physical storage.
- Promotes a clean and safe work environment, including following all COVID protocol for safe staff measures.
- Staffing and managing the fulfillment employees to include all permanent and seasonal staff.
- Provides clear direction and general guidance to the department in the formulation and implementation of procedures, and ensures that these are translated and enforced into action to meet operational goals.
- Develops and implements business process initiatives to optimize departmental operations in accordance with overall business objectives.
- Prepares necessary SOP’s for fulfillment processes.
- Helps analyze current operations and make recommendations on ways to improve.
- Manages and provides data weekly reporting including packages out and labor values.
- Compile and report out metrics as needed.
- Assists in growing our customer base by providing excellent service.
- Maintains the highest standards of customer service by immediately attending to and resolving customer issues with the customer service team.
- Employs continuous improvement practices within Fulfillment.
- Assists with and monitors inventory counts, including physical and cycle counts, lot coding and product rotation as required by Distribution and Supply Chain teams.
- 5+ years in leadership position in fulfillment operations.
- Proven history of effective management skills.
- Exposure to warehouse physical storage operations.
- Proficient using ERP and data management systems.
- Working knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Ability to multitask.
- High attention to detail.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in cross training and continuous skill development.
- Must be able to occasionally work weekends and after-hours during peak times.
Position Type: Full-Time
Cherry Republic’s Retail Ambassador helps to provide a quality customer service experience by assisting customers and providing overall support to Retail Management and staff. This role will be cross-trained to work in several customer-facing areas, including cashier, sales floor, and soda tasting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Retail Management as directed in accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Enforcement of Cherry Republic customer service expectations through example.
- Ability to follow and enforce policy and procedures.
- Strong desire to provide quality customer service with a positive attitude.
- Assist Retail Management as backup and shared ownership of the following duties:
- Help with events in the store and throughout the company.
- Cash handling & Point of Sale (POS) operations.
- Continually work towards monitoring the appearance and cleanliness of Retail Store.
- Apply practices from CR 101 training established by customer service guidelines.
- Inform customers of daily specials, sales, Ship from Store etc. Look for upselling opportunities and upsell when possible.
- Ensure that merchandise is clean and prepared for display.
- Maintain floor inventory, the store should look full.
- Ensure that promotions are accurate and merchandised to company standards.
- Ability to perform Ship from Store.
Skills You Need
- Excellent communicator and able to deliver superior customer service.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized, team player who has a good understanding of the culture of Cherry Republic.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all cherry products sold in store.
- Ability to sell to a customer's needs, as well as establish relationships with returning customers.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasker and detail oriented.
Position Type: Part-Time (Seasonal)
Location: Ann Arbor, Charlevoix, Frankenmuth, Glen Arbor, Holland, Traverse City
Our Retail Supervisors assist with the coordination and training of staff, shipment of goods, arrangement of store layout, opening and closing procedures, and providing overall support to the Retail Store Management team.
Must be experienced and able to do the following tasks:
- Assist retail management as directed, while accomplishing operational and customer service-oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage retail staff, including cashiers and other ambassadors working on the floor.
- Enforce Cherry Republic customer service expectations by example.
- Follow and enforce policy and procedures with a strong desire to provide quality customer service with a positive attitude.
- Ensure merchandise is clean and ready to be displayed.
- Maintain floor inventory ensuring the store looks full.
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to company standards.
- Manage the store and property when Manager is away; serve as a second set of eyes.
- Assists with special events in store and companywide.
- Cash handling and register balancing – monitor sales staff daily when on the sales floor.
- Continually monitor the appearance of the retail store, tasting room, and grounds, while supervising employees to do the same.
Position Type: Full-Time (30-40 hours a week)
Cherry Republic’s Dishwasher is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of dishes, tableware, glassware, pots, pans, and utensils though manual and machine cleaning methods. The Dishwasher is also expected to keep the dishwashing area clean and safe.
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by busing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and restocking to its appropriate place in the Back of the House.
- Preparing for peak periods and sequential shifts by cleaning and restocking cook stations.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, pans, mixers, etc.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, special attention to items that are spilled or broken.
- Taking out the trash and maintenance of all garbage receptacles.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- Support all other areas within the Back of the House as needed.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to keep up with the flow of incoming and outgoing service ware.
- Attention to detail when washing and sanitizing kitchen items.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
- Quick and able to adapt if called upon to complete additional tasks.
- Positive attitude, desire to learn several positions within the kitchen.
- TEAM player, willing to jump in when / where necessary.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D and 1 year kitchen experience preferred, or willingness to train & learn on the job required.
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Glen Arbor