Get To Know Us
Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
Whistle While You Work!
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package, options for employee housing and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Public House while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
- Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!
How to Apply
To ensure the health and safety of our customers and workers, we have updated our policies, procedures, and training to reflect the latest guidance from federal, state, and local health authorities.
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, apply on Indeed or fill out the application below and submit it. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
We are accepting applications for Prep & Line Cooks for the Back of the House in Glen Arbor this summer. If you have a passion for delicious cuisine and have kitchen experience, please apply now! We have full time and part time positions available in our newly renovated Cherry Public House.
You must be able to do the following tasks — or willing to learn how!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare a variety of foods: meat, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Cover, date, and correctly store all pieces and food prep items.
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with safety regulations.
- Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas.
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Open/close kitchen correctly and follow checklist for kitchen stations.
- Answer, report, and follow Culinary Manager’s instructions.
Previous experience in the food industry preferred, with an emphasis on the BOH. Excellent opportunity for career growth with Cherry Republic!
Position Type: Full-Time or Part-Time (20-40 hours a week)
Location: Glen Arbor
Posted: 5/14/2021 (updated)
Cherry Republic’s Assistant Distribution/Manufacturing Material Handler position is responsible for the movement of all materials, raw and finished, within the DFC and Plant and preparation for all retail locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure movement of all products is performed within the ERP system.
- Pull all requested materials for store stock orders and move to the ERP system, as necessary.
- Build pallets for delivery and shipping as per instruction from supervisor.
- Pull all materials for Manufacturing to support work orders.
- Assist in performing bus routes in Plant for supplies and raw materials, as indicated by the visual materials boards within the Plant.
- Ensure product rotation is monitored and moved in accordance with FIFO and/or FEFO rules.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work area. Reference and utilize work instructions for COVID-19 sanitation methods to be followed during shift work.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives to improve workflow.
- Properly dispose of any packing materials or packing equipment after each shift.
- Report any defective products, tools, or equipment to the shift manager.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members.
- Ability to listen for comprehension and understanding.
- Attention to detail relative to packing instructions.
- Ability to keep up with shipping orders and pack with accuracy.
- Desire to exceed customer expectations.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
Position Type: Full-Time
Cherry Republic’s Fulfillment Manager is responsible for all areas of small package fulfillment to consumers, including the picking, packing, shipping and lead-time management of orders. Responsible for the day to day duties of the team to ensure quoted lead times are met.
- Processes daily orders by creating pick tickets and inventory allocation tickets as needed.
- Ensures orders are being filled and shipped timely and accurately.
- Manages teams of Pickers, Packers and Shippers as direct reports daily.
- Organize departmental training programs to help fulfillment staff improve their job skills.
- Member of the Fulfillment Leadership Team with accountability to participate in weekly meetings.
- Prevents product damage and shrinkage, accidents, and occupational hazards.
- Effectively monitors flow of goods through the ERP system and warehouse physical storage.
- Promotes a clean and safe work environment, including following all COVID protocol for safe staff measures.
- Staffing and managing the fulfillment employees to include all permanent and seasonal staff.
- Provides clear direction and general guidance to the department in the formulation and implementation of procedures, and ensures that these are translated and enforced into action to meet operational goals.
- Develops and implements business process initiatives to optimize departmental operations in accordance with overall business objectives.
- Prepares necessary SOP’s for fulfillment processes.
- Helps analyze current operations and make recommendations on ways to improve.
- Manages and provides data weekly reporting including packages out and labor values.
- Compile and report out metrics as needed.
- Assists in growing our customer base by providing excellent service.
- Maintains the highest standards of customer service by immediately attending to and resolving customer issues with the customer service team.
- Employs continuous improvement practices within Fulfillment.
- Assists with and monitors inventory counts, including physical and cycle counts, lot coding and product rotation as required by Distribution and Supply Chain teams.
- 5+ years in leadership position in fulfillment operations.
- Proven history of effective management skills.
- Exposure to warehouse physical storage operations.
- Proficient using ERP and data management systems.
- Working knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Ability to multitask.
- High attention to detail.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in cross training and continuous skill development.
- Must be able to occasionally work weekends and after-hours during peak times.
Position Type: Full-Time
Cherry Republic’s Retail Ambassador helps to provide a quality customer service experience by assisting customers and providing overall support to Retail Management and staff. This role will be cross-trained to work in several customer-facing areas, including cashier, sales floor, and soda tasting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Retail Management as directed in accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Enforcement of Cherry Republic customer service expectations through example.
- Ability to follow and enforce policy and procedures.
- Strong desire to provide quality customer service with a positive attitude.
- Assist Retail Management as backup and shared ownership of the following duties:
- Help with events in the store and throughout the company.
- Cash handling & Point of Sale (POS) operations.
- Continually work towards monitoring the appearance and cleanliness of Retail Store.
- Apply practices from CR 101 training established by customer service guidelines.
- Inform customers of daily specials, sales, Ship from Store etc. Look for upselling opportunities and upsell when possible.
- Ensure that merchandise is clean and prepared for display.
- Maintain floor inventory, the store should look full.
- Ensure that promotions are accurate and merchandised to company standards.
- Ability to perform Ship from Store.
Skills You Need
- Excellent communicator and able to deliver superior customer service.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized, team player who has a good understanding of the culture of Cherry Republic.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all cherry products sold in store.
- Ability to sell to a customer's needs, as well as establish relationships with returning customers.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasker and detail oriented.
Position Type: Part-Time (Seasonal)
Location: Ann Arbor, Charlevoix, Frankenmuth, Glen Arbor, Holland, Traverse City
Our Retail Supervisors assist with the coordination and training of staff, shipment of goods, arrangement of store layout, opening and closing procedures, and providing overall support to the Retail Store Management team.
Must be experienced and able to do the following tasks:
- Assist retail management as directed, while accomplishing operational and customer service-oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage retail staff, including cashiers and other ambassadors working on the floor.
- Enforce Cherry Republic customer service expectations by example.
- Follow and enforce policy and procedures with a strong desire to provide quality customer service with a positive attitude.
- Ensure merchandise is clean and ready to be displayed.
- Maintain floor inventory ensuring the store looks full.
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to company standards.
- Manage the store and property when Manager is away; serve as a second set of eyes.
- Assists with special events in store and companywide.
- Cash handling and register balancing – monitor sales staff daily when on the sales floor.
- Continually monitor the appearance of the retail store, tasting room, and grounds, while supervising employees to do the same.
Position Type: Full-Time (30-40 hours a week)
Cherry Republic’s Dishwasher is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of dishes, tableware, glassware, pots, pans, and utensils though manual and machine cleaning methods. The Dishwasher is also expected to keep the dishwashing area clean and safe.
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by busing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and restocking to its appropriate place in the Back of the House.
- Preparing for peak periods and sequential shifts by cleaning and restocking cook stations.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, pans, mixers, etc.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, special attention to items that are spilled or broken.
- Taking out the trash and maintenance of all garbage receptacles.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- Support all other areas within the Back of the House as needed.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to keep up with the flow of incoming and outgoing service ware.
- Attention to detail when washing and sanitizing kitchen items.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
- Quick and able to adapt if called upon to complete additional tasks.
- Positive attitude, desire to learn several positions within the kitchen.
- TEAM player, willing to jump in when / where necessary.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D and 1 year kitchen experience preferred, or willingness to train & learn on the job required.
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Glen Arbor