These carrots are a favorite treat of mine! Very easy to prepare, these carrots are snackable for days after making. My friends and family often find these on the table on or around the holidays (for example, accompanying this delicious pork recipe), but they are a great, easy snack to have on hand year round! As a side dish, they are the perfect partner for these creamy, horseradish mashed potatoes.
- Salt – 2 t.
- Baby Carrots – 1 C.
- Chicken Stock – ½ C.
- Butter – 2 T
- Cherry Creme Honey – 1 T
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper – ½ t.
- Start by blanching¹ the carrots. Add 1 quart of water to a 3 quart stock pot and turn heat to high.
- When water is boiling, add the salt and wait 30 seconds for it to dissolve. Add the carrots to the boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes, until slightly soft.
- While carrots are cooking, prepare a large bowl or container of ice and water to ‘shock’ the carrots in after boiling.
- When carrots are just slightly soft, use a slotted spoon to transfer from the boiling water to the ice bath. Allow to chill completely in the ice bath, 8-10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and butter to a medium sauce pan and turn heat to medium.
- Cook 7-8 minutes to let the chicken stock reduce by half.
- Add cooled carrots, Cherry Creme Honey and fresh cracked black pepper and cook for another 4-5 minutes until the liquid has become a glaze consistency.